Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crystal Springs Reservoir

One of my favorite, if not my favorite, places to visit around my town is the Crystal Springs Reservoir. I love living in the suburbs because I'm close enough to the city without actually being it in and close enough to the beach, but not actually living in endless fog. However, in my actual hometown there isn't much to do if you're not willing to drive the 20 minutes to get somewhere. The Crystal Springs Reservoir is the one place in Belmont that I never get tired of going to and it always calms my nerves. And it's right in my backyard. :)



I started going for a run at the reservoir the other day right as the sun was setting. Perfect timing! It made my run so much more enjoyable.

 The trail stretches for six miles from Belmont to Burlingame. Joggers, bikers, skaters, and horseback riders are all welcome.


 I love the trees that hug the path. Everything seems so natural, I think that's what I love most about it. Having the trees, the water, and the hills all around make it so beautiful.

 A glimpse of the path right by the water. There's something about water that I love...not necessarily being in it, but just watching how calm it is soothes me. Having a place to run along it without having to drive to the beach is perfect.

 On the way back to see an even more beautiful sky reflecting on the water. Love love love those colors. A perfect way to start, end, or intersect any day. :) It was actually a somewhat chilly day when I went, but it still ended up being clear by early evening. Glad I had the chance to photograph the sunset over the mountains to Half Moon Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment