Sunday, January 8, 2012

J'Adore Paris

As I continue my trip down memory lane, I thought it would be best to start at the beginning. After graduating last June, I spent a month in Europe traveling through France, Switzerland, and Italy. I began my trip in Paris, staying in a quaint little apartment in the Latin Quarter to experience a true Parisian life.

Our Parisian Apartment, with a balcony :):
The street view from our place...Early in the morning before the hustle and bustle.
The bedroom...
I loved loved loved the stone wall of the apartment. It seemed classic, yet contemporary and was a great accent to the apartment.
The only downside of the apartment was that we had to climb about 70 stairs to get to the place! After a long day of strolling around the city, it was definitely a struggle. Then again, it was a great way to burn off the gourmet meals and delicious crepes!

Speaking of food, dining like a Parisian and food shopping like a Parisian was just as fabulous as imagined! My mom and I went to a few street markets for fresh produce and found some beautiful fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, jams, and more!


Night #1 out: Lamb Stew and Duck

Lunch after the Louvre: A French-style sausage with Focaccia for me and grilled fish with vegetables for my mom. By far THE BEST meal we had in Paris; at a little cafe right around the corner from the Louvre and just as wonderful...

LADUREE: A popular restaurant and cafe around Paris. They have a few locations, but we went to this on the Champs Elysees. Long lines all day long!




The food and drinks are definitely pricey, but the taste and experience is more than worth it. I ordered a standard tea, but it was one of the best teas I've ever had. Yes, tea. They have a lot of variety on their menu and I honestly don't think you can go wrong. The extensive lines and classy ambience say exactly how fabulous and well-known this place is among locals and tourists alike.


Just another bakery. Waking up to this every morning was ecstasy and disaster. My brain and my stomach were at war with each other every day...

Mornings in Paris = croissants, beignets, lemon pastries, coffee, and bliss

The obvious must-sees of Paris...




The view from atop Notre Dame. The most beautiful view of the city in my opinion. We climbed Notre Dame and the Arc de Triumph and Notre Dame was unquestionably better.
I think I snapped 100 pictures from here...breathtaking! The Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, and the river.

First glimpse inside the Louvre...
Looking out one of the museum windows on the top level. I could spend 24 hours exploring this museum! And I love the top of the Eiffel Tower peaking over the other side.

The Champs Elysees from atop the Arc de Triumph...

I made my mother stay after the Eiffel Tower for about 5 hours so I could see it in the day time, at sunset, and at night. They have so much grass area around though for people to picnic. Wine, cheese, crackers, and the Eiffel Tower make for a great afternoon/evening.
Even more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment