Friday, October 7, 2011

Don't Snooze to Lose


With only one more workout until I've completed 4 weeks of the Insanity workouts, I'm getting to that point where the ADD kicks in and I'm starting to get tired of doing these routines everyday. To be honest, I'm just tired in general! I usually do my workouts first thing in the morning; I like to get them out of the way, rev up my metabolism early, and wake myself up with a good sweat. But for the last couple of days, I've wanted so badly to just trade in my morning workout for a few more Zs.


I know I've heard that there are many benefits that come with working out in the morning, but I wanted to reevaluate them and see if the early bird really does get the...bangin' bod?



After reading a number of articles on the topic of AM workouts, the majority of them said that working out in the morning really does benefit you more than working out later in the day. It helps rev up your metabolism for the whole day and increases your mental acuity throughout the day as well. There are a number of other benefits that come along with working out in the morning and the majority of them will help your goals of losing weight, toning up, or staying in tip-top shape.


NY Times article mentioning it's even better to workout before breakfast. I've heard mixed reviews about that one... I personally like to have something light like a banana before my morning workout, but maybe it is better with no breakfast. I just feel, it you need a little something to help give you a better quality, more efficient workout, then it will more than make up for the few calories it has.

If you're not used to working out early, then it will definitely take some time to adjust, but how nice will it be to know you can sit back and relax after work with no more obligation? I remember when training in college, I would DREAD our evening conditioning, but whenever I had a morning workout, the rest of the day was stress free!

So set those alarm clocks! It's never too early to get fit and feel fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment