Monday, October 24, 2011

On To The Next

Chapter that is. I'll officially be starting a new job in a couple days. My last post referenced an interview I had last week. It was with a PR Agency in San Francisco, and I'm happy to say that I was offered a position today and gladly accepted! I've been itching to get into the PR world since an internship last Summer and I'm definitely excited to dive in and learn everything I need to know in the biz! For some of you like me you know how anxious you can feel to start working, get off your couch and really do something with your days.

For some people, it's really just a matter of time before you find your next job, but for some people who have been job hunting for quite some time, here are a couple of tips that I found helpful during the hunt...
  1. Use your connections! Whether it's a friend, family member, family friend, 3rd cousin--whatever! Use your connections to help get your foot in the door.
  2. Have no shame. Sometimes you'll have to ask for help from people you might not have spoken to for a while, or maybe you'll have to stick it out at a low paying or no paying job for a while. So what? Experience is experience and as long as you're learning and your resume says you're staying engaged in the biz, keep at it.
  3. Know your resources. There are soooo many job sites at there, and to be honest, I really didn't think I'd find anything worth while on them. I always felt that people would rather hire someone they knew than to randomly select my resume from a job site. I actually found Craigslist to be really helpful! Contrary to popular belief, tons of great companies post off there. (I found the job listing for my job through them.) Monster.com, Indeed.com, Recruiters...use any resource you can.
I know how stressful job hunting can be, but the most important thing is to always stay positive and confident! Continue the pursuit knowing that you're capable of tackling those jobs and excelling in your field. Stay busy and stay hungry.
Happy hunting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment