Thursday, October 20, 2011

Winning Wedges

Some people might think they're so two years ago, but wedges are my feet's new best friend.



Tory Burch wedges
I own a pair just like these. So versatile!
I had a job interview in SF today and, per usual, took forever to decide what I wanted to wear to it. Sometimes preparing your outfit can be more stressful than preparing yourself -- that may be a good or a bad thing. Knowing that I would be walking around the city before and after, and that I didn't want to worry about carrying an extra set of shoes with me, I wanted to wear a pair of shoes that were comfortable and professional. For some reason I really dislike wearing flats. I have yet to find a pair that fit me perfectly and I like the added height the heels give me. They make me look (and more importantly feel) more sophisticated and confident. 

Similar to the ones I wore to my interview today.

When I was traveling in Europe this summer, I would say about 60% of the women there wore wedges! I honestly didn't think of them as a trend but Milan fashion is a few seasons ahead of San Francisco's, right? In Florence, I found a really cute, comfy, and affordable pair of grey wedges I didn't want to pass up. Since being home, I've tried to pair them with everything and I'm pleased to find it hasn't been difficult. Grey shoes honestly go with so many colors and prints, it's fabulous. After wearing them just one time, I was in love with the idea of wedges. Because of the leverage they are sooo much more comfortable to wear! Happy feet for sure.

With my newfound love for wedges, I saw a really cute pair of black BCBG wedges on sale and immediately knew I had to take them home with me. Wedges are still sexy and sophisticated and so much more comfy than heels! Definitely stand out pieces in my closet.

Now I'm looking for open-toed wedges, wedge booties... anything with a wedge. Ha! Can you tell I'm excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment