Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Perks of Funemployment

"Normal day,
let me be aware of the treasure you are.
Let me learn from you, love you, bless you...
Let me not pass by in search of some rare and perfect tomorrow. 
Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
One day I shall dig my nails in to the earth
or bury my face in the pillow
And want, more than all the world, your return."

 Croissants outside The Louvre

The unspeakably beautiful Swiss Alps

Just another evening in Cinque Terre

Nothing like a summer day at Yankee Stadium

With my "summer" coming to an end and my never-ending season of work about to begin, I'm realizing all the things I'm going to miss about being able to take time off. For the last couple of weeks I have been ITCHING to start working. I'm so used to being busy all days that I don't quite know what to do with myself when I have an open schedule for days. They say the grass is always greener on the other side...but either way, you gotta mow it. Haha don't know who came up with that, but so true.

I've been fortunate in my life to be able to travel a lot and this summer post-graduation was no exception. My mom and I love traveling to Europe so this past summer we took a month-long, self-planned vaca to France, Switzerland, and Italy. I haven't many pictures from my travels yet, but we saw some of the most beautiful sites this trip. Paris has so many great things to offer. We stayed in the Latin Quarter just minutes away from Notre Dame. It's more of a touristy area, but very alive and energetic. The Louvre and Muse D'Orsay weren't too far either. Morning, afternoon, and night all offered spectacular lighting for the many Parisian monuments. I don't think I could have taken a bad picture!








Oh how I miss Paris. With no concern of sounding like a complete fatty, I think the pastries are what I miss most! Waking up and having a warm chocolate croissant each morning or any other pastry, cream-filled, custard-filled, fruit-filled, you name it. So so good. And everyone knows calories don't count on vaca. :) Mine don't anyway.

My mom and I went to this DELICIOUS bakery for brunch today and got some German baked goods. We also had a baking day yesterday fixing up some moist pumpkin muffins and pancakes. Yum! 'Tis the season after all. ;) I'll be basking in the glory of joie de vivre for one more evening, enjoying my last full day of funemployment with fall treats by my side.

Excited for tomorrow! Wish me luck!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment