Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Working Through The Wall

I'm officially in week 4 of my Insanity workouts and I have to tell you, it hasn't gotten much easier. That's one thing I love and hate about this program. I know that if it were easy to me after doing it for a few weeks, I'd love interest and feel that it wasn't really benefiting me in an optimal way. I'm still dripping sweat, on the ground, grasping for air during and at the end of each day. 


One thing that's frustrated me about these last couple weeks is the lack of results I'm seeing compared to week 1. During the first week of any new workout regimen, your body is going to change more because it's being shocked by new training. I was using my muscles differently and in turn, burning more calories. But now that my body's accustomed to this workout, I almost feel like I've hit a wall. When I don't see results, I tend to return to old diet habits instead of sticking with what/when I know I should eating. So...just a couple tips I'm trying really hard to keep in mind and that I feel are most important to a healthy diet.
  • Eat 5-6 small-medium sized meals throughout the day.
  • Don't deprive yourself of food so that you binge later on.
  • Try to eat the foods that digest the quickest earlier in the day (i.e. fruits early in the day, salad for lunch, grains and fibrous foods later on. You don't want all the benefits of fruit rotting in your stomach with everything else. Eat 'em early on.)
  • Drink lots of water.
  • Remember that food is only energy. Eat because your body needs it, not because it wants it.
  • Eat the most fibrous foods like vegetables before your carbs to fill you up.
I've been on a smoothie and yogurt kick lately, and they're awesome foods/drinks to keep you full! Foods that have a lot of water like fruits and veggies are always great to consume and will help keep you full. Healthy soups, smoothies, and salads are great for meals. Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment