Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Love for TED





One of my absolute favorite websites to visit is ted.com. TED is an organization that hosts conferences both internationally and domestically with a variety of themes such as women's rights, environmental issues, tips on living, finance, happiness... the list is endless. The intention of the conference is to inspire the world through a number of speakers with "ideas worth spreading." The ones that are my favorites usually revolve around environmental issues, health, creativity, and living. I've come across a couple of new ones recently that have kept me motivated during my job-hunt endeavors.




If you're gonna watch something online, it might as well be something productive. Some of these just make that lightbulb switch on, change your outlook on something, or offer a little food for thought. It's important to always stay motivated in life and remember what you're working towards. I think it can be difficult to remember that when you're between jobs, but don't ever lose sight of that goal! Not only can these talks get you motivated, but they can change your point of view and help you think outside the box to really change your life -- in a big or small way!




There are hundreds of talks to explore. I'm just posting a couple of my favorites. :) Enjoy!


One of my absolute FAVORITES. By the remarkable Randy Pausch:
Randy Pausch: Really achieving your childhood dreams | Video on TED.com


How do the best inspire? Or Why?:
Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action | Video on TED.com


In memory of Steve Jobs (@ Stanford :) ):
Steve Jobs: How to live before you die | Video on TED.com

No comments:

Post a Comment